In the past your cell phone was nothing more than a useful tool to make phone calls. Nowadays though, they are a great deal more sophisticated. In fact, that tiny little phone that you keep in your pocket is thousands of times more powerful than computers from ten or so years ago.
As you can probably guess, this is pretty sophisticated technology. This means that it is prime meat for hackers. Thankfully, you can protect your cell phone in much the same way as you would a PC or Mac.
On this page I want to run you through how you can choose some antivirus software for your phone. I am not going to mention any specific applications here. It is up to you to choose the right one. However, this should give you tips to find the right one for your own phone.
Firstly, you are going to need to decide whether you want a free or paid application. Now, in my experience, the majority of the ‘best’ applications that are available on the main application stores (i.e. Google Play and iTunes) are actually paid applications. This is a stark contrast to the PC and Mac where free software is going to be more than good enough for the job.
There are still some good free versions out there though, but they may be lacking in a bit of functionality. This is why it is always important to check whether the antivirus software is going to be able to do exactly what you want it to do.
Ok, so now you have identified whether you are willing to spend money or not, it is time to track down the software for you to use. There is a lot out there to choose from. You should only choose the things which have the best reviews. This way you can be sure that the software is actually up to the job.
The main application stores (the one you use will of course depend on your cell phone) will most likely have a list which allows you to see the ‘best-selling’ applications. Remember, not all apps are available for Android and iPhones. This should make your choice a little bit easier.
It is important that you do not just choose the application that has the ‘best’ rating. You will want to see whether it actually does what you want it to. For example, some will provide very basic protection for when you browse the net on your phone. Others will scan all downloads, and some will scan your emails. Think about the sorts of things that you are going to do with your phone and choose the best application that way.
As you can see, this is a fairly good selection of tips which should set you on your merry way. However, you do need to remember that it does not matter what software you have on your phone.
The only real way in which you are going to be able to stop the bulk of viruses is to be wary yourself. If you use a bit of common sense then I am sure that almost 99% of viruses will never reach your phone. The other 1% will be picked up by your antivirus software.
Beginners Guide to Cell Phone Spy Software
Cell Phone Monitoring Programs – How They Work
Free vs Paid Antivirus Software for Your PC
Easy Android Rooting Guide
Easy Jailbreaking Guide for Beginners
Easy Ways to Deal with Email Spam